Wednesday 10 December 2008

Christmas!


This year I have dwelled far less on the materialistic side of Christmas- choosing to give simple gifts and thinking more about the values Christ tried to bring to the world. I am currently reading what Srila Prabhupada had to say about Christ and it brings a lot of peace to me.

I hope more people sit back and remember Christ on his birthday this year. In the current age of intolerance I leave you with some enlightening words:

"To practice bhakti-yoga [loving service to God] means to become free from designations like Hindu, Muslim, Christian, this or that, and simply to serve God. We have created Christian, Hindu and Mohammedan religions, but when we come to a religion without designations, in which we don't think we are Hindus or Christians or Mohammedans, then we can speak of pure religion, or bhakti."

Srila Prabhupada

No comments: